What kind of training/ qualification/ experience do I need to get into subtitle translation?
论题张贴者: stella66
stella66
stella66
Local time: 07:01
English英语译成Italian意大利语
Oct 10, 2005

What kind of training/ qualification/ experience (and how can I get some) do I need to get into subtitle translation? (English into Italian).
Any suggestion?
Thank you
Cristina

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-02-18 17:53]

Dominika Schoenborn
Dominika Schoenborn  Identity Verified
英国
Local time: 07:01
English英语译成Polish波兰语
+ ...
University of Westminster Oct 10, 2005

Try University of Westminster, London - MA Bilingual Translation Course; there's an Italian group. One of the optional modules offered is subtitling. It will give you background idea about subtitling and what it involves. The module lasts one semster, but it gives a rough idea.
However, you will have to do other obligatory and optional modules within the course.

Marisa Schiavi (X)
Marisa Schiavi (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:01
Spanish西班牙语译成English英语
+ ...
City University - UK Oct 11, 2005

I can recommend a subtitling course that a colleague and friend of mine took at City University in the UK. Try this link:

http://www.city.ac.uk/languages/Subtitling_for_Translators.html

And by the way, I've also studied at Westminster University and took the subtitling unit mentioned before and I loved it! I did some subtitling work as well after t
... See more
I can recommend a subtitling course that a colleague and friend of mine took at City University in the UK. Try this link:

http://www.city.ac.uk/languages/Subtitling_for_Translators.html

And by the way, I've also studied at Westminster University and took the subtitling unit mentioned before and I loved it! I did some subtitling work as well after that too and I enjoyed it a lot.

Best of luck!
Marisa
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What kind of training/ qualification/ experience do I need to get into subtitle translation?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »