论题张贴者: deleted. (X)
wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
美国
Local time: 20:36
Chinese汉语译成English英语
+ ...
Off-topic Aug 29, 2013

Hey, Yueyin. I meant to ask you something and see if you still might remember. In the early '70s when Nixon made his historic visit to China, he brought with him a few movies that were publicly shown in China.

I remember three of them: "In the Heat of the Night", "Death on the Nile", and "Convoy".

Was there a 4th one? I thought there was, but I can't think of what it was.

wherestip
美国
Chinese汉语译成English英语
+ ...
A First Aug 29, 2013

wherestip wrote:

Hey, Yueyin. I meant to ask you something and see if you still might remember. In the early '70s when Nixon made his historic visit to China, he brought with him a few movies that were publicly shown in China.

I remember three of them: "In the Heat of the Night", "Death on the Nile", and "Convoy".

Was there a 4th one? I thought there was, but I can't think of what it was.

Oops, I just checked and saw that 2 of the movies were released in 1978; so it must have been later than Nixon's visit, after the Gang of Four was disgraced. Nevertheless, I remember it was a one-time thing before I left in '79.

[Edited at 2013-08-29 21:49 GMT]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
美国
English英语译成Chinese汉语
+ ...
“臭老九“的一天 Aug 29, 2013

Steve,

尼克松访华时,我还在兰州。那时,有些外国电影在北京公映,却不一定在兰州公映。我只记得1971年左右,我一天之内连续看了三部“供批判“的日本电影:《啊!海军》、《山本五十六》和《军阀》。林立果所谓的“江田岛精神”,就来自于《啊!海军》。当时,我虽然还是“臭老九“,但按规定仍有资格看这些“供批判“的电影。不过,看完就完了,也没�
... See more
Steve,

尼克松访华时,我还在兰州。那时,有些外国电影在北京公映,却不一定在兰州公映。我只记得1971年左右,我一天之内连续看了三部“供批判“的日本电影:《啊!海军》、《山本五十六》和《军阀》。林立果所谓的“江田岛精神”,就来自于《啊!海军》。当时,我虽然还是“臭老九“,但按规定仍有资格看这些“供批判“的电影。不过,看完就完了,也没参加什么批判。

看《尼罗河上的惨案》(Death on the Nile)则是后来的事情。

注:“臭老九”一词的来历:
http://baike.baidu.com/view/520904.htm

[Edited at 2013-08-30 21:02 GMT]
Collapse

wherestip
美国
Chinese汉语译成English英语
+ ...
Thanks Aug 29, 2013

ysun wrote:

Steve,

尼克松访华时,我还在兰州。那时,有些外国电影在北京公映,却不一定在兰州公映。我只记得1971年左右,我一天之内连续看了三部“供批判“的日本电影:《啊!海军》、《山本五十六》和《军阀》。林立果所谓的“江田岛精神”,就来自于《啊!海军》。当时,我虽然还是“臭老九“,但按规定仍有资格看这些“供批判“的电影。不过,看完就完了,也没参加什么批判。

看《尼罗河上的惨案》(Death on the Nile)则是后来的事情。

Thanks, Yueyin. It doesn't really matter. It was just something that I thought of and it was kind of bugging me for a while.

[Edited at 2013-08-30 12:52 GMT]

话题中的页数:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

自由译者的一天

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »